TAB´s new projects - and a plenary debate on 25 years of technology assessment at the German Bundestag
Moreover, after the well-received official ceremony in the »Paul-Löbe-Haus« on 2nd December 2015, the 25th anniversary of TA at the German Bundestag have also been recognized in yesterday's plenary debate with a one-hour discussion during which Members of the German Bundestag highlighted the value of TAB's work. As for all plenary debates, the multi-faceted speeches are publicly available as text or video files.
After a discussion on finding topics in 2014, five of the new projects were postponed in the first instance and another project was proposed by the »rapporteur's group TA« in autumn 2015.
The topics or project titles are as follows:
- Sustainability potentials of bioeconomy – 3rd generation biofuels
- Robotics and assistive neurotechnologies in the care sector – challenges for society against the background of human-machine interaction
- Status quo and developments of prenatal and preimplantation diagnosis
- Expansion of renewable power generation – ecological and other consequences in an integrated socio-economic and ecological overall assessment
- Observation technologies in the field of civil security – opportunities and challenges
- Health apps
- All projects
- 155. Sitzung vom 18.02.2016 TOP 6 25 Jahre Technikfolgenabschätzung beim Deutschen Bundestag (Recording and minutes of the plenary debate - in German)
- Event 25 years of scientific policy advice - Technology Assessment at the German Bundestag